Easy Skillet Jambalaya
- Ready In:
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch think coins (I used Johnsonville jalapeno cheese)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic, undrained
- 2 tablespoons onion salt or 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 -4 teaspoon creole seasoning (to taste)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp, tails removed
- 1. Over medium heat mix first 6 ingredients and bring to a good simmer (about 10min).
- 2. Add in bell pepper and shrimp. Cook until shrimp is done (turns pink and just starts to curl).
- *Note* you can add the bell pepper in sooner if you like them cooked to a softer texture, we like ours still crunchy so I waited until I put the shrimp in to add it.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Mom and business owner who enjoys cooking a good meal in a limited amount of time. Not into gourmet stuff that takes 100 ingredients and a full day, just enough to make my boyfriend, and kids happy :o)</p>