Easy Saturday Morning Crescent Caramel Rolls
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup caramel apple dip
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 tablespoons butter (very soft)
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans, divided
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 9 or 10-inch round cake pan or pie plate.
- Soften the caramel dip in the microwave for a few seconds, then spread in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Separate the dough into 4 rectangle pieces, then seal the perforations with fingers.
- Spread each rectangle with 1 tablespoon soft butter.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar with cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the butter, then sprinkle with about 1/4 cup chopped nuts.
- Roll each rectangle pinwheel-style beginning at the short end.
- Slice the roll into thirds.
- Place cut side down into the pan with the caramel in it.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until golden.
- Immediately invert onto a serving plate, spooning any caramel in the pan over the rolls.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
When I was making another recipe, recipe#156790, I realized I forgot to review this one! I made these for our Memorial Day family reunion, and they were a HUGE hit! My only change was to roll them up from the long side, and cut them into bite sized mini rolls, place on a baking sheet, then drizzle the caramel apple topping from a tip cut in a sandwich bag across the top. They were pretty and delicious! I made half with pecans, half with no nuts. They were a big hit and a real make again! I baked them at 375 for about 14 minutes and they were perfect. Thanks for another winner Kitten!
These were easy enough. I made them for my husband before work. However, They didn't "Look" like I expected. The crescents didn't appear done enough...they were doughy. I don't know what I could have done, possibly cook longer, but they started to get very dark on the top and I didn't want them burnt.