Easy Roasted Tomato Pesto Soup
photo by IrishHeart
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 lbs tomatoes
- 4 -8 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 -4 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice tomatoes and onions into wedges.
- Peel garlic cloves.
- Place tomatoes, onion, and garlic on the cookie sheet. Drizzle with oil and roast for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and puree in a food processor or blender in batches. Add to a soup pot.
- Pour in vegetable broth.
- Stir in pesto.
- Cook over low heat until heated through. About 20 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil cut into ribbons if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!