photo by miraclelove77
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 frozen pie crust (thawed)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup heavy cream
- half a small onion, diced
- 3 ounces bacon, diced
- 3 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 8 asparagus spears
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a frying pan, cook bacon till crispy and remove from pan.
- Sautee diced onion and kale, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix bacon, veggies, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl and pour into the pie crust.
- Whisk eggs and half and half until combined and pour over the veggies.
- Cut the asparagus spears to fit the quiche, and place carefully on top of the eggs. Spray with cooking spray ( helps the asparagus to brown).
- Place tinfoil over the crust edges to keep them from burning, and put the quiche into the oven for fifteen minutes.
- After fifteen minutes, reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 35 minutes, or until middle is set and the top begins to brown. Check with a toothpick, it should come out clean.
- Turn off the oven and open the door, but leave the quiche inside. This helps to prevent the quiche from falling.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!