Easy Primavera Penne
An easy and inexpensive low-cal dish that highlights spring veggies. Feel free to mix in things to your liking.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup yellow squash, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 5 ounces spinach
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (Italian style is great here)
- 1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese (optional) or 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
- fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to al dente package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet. Saute garlic til tender.
- Add squash, zucchini, and spinach. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add whole can of tomatoes, with juice.
- Add drained pasta to skillet. Cover and let simmer until veggies are tender and pasta is done.
- Season to taste, garnish, and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was made using gluten free penne pasta. The squash were cut in half before slicing and a some finely cut carrots were added to the mix. The vegetables were cooked to crisp tender and the spinach cooked just enough to wilt it. A handful of fresh herbs was tossed with the pasta before serving and each individual serving was served with a generous amount of freshly grated parmesan cheese. This is a very fresh tasting meal that I look forward to making again. Made for PAC Spring 2013.