Easy Peazy Lemon Squeezy Bars
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (use 3 for a more lemony bar)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with parchment paper, extending paper up sides of pan; set aside.
- Combine the first three ingredients in a large bowl on low speed of an electric mixer until mixture is crumbly.
- Press mixture evenly into parchment-lined pan. This is your crust.
- Bake crust 20 minutes or until light brown; remove from oven.
- Beat together the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl until well blended; pour mixture evenly over warm baked crust.
- Return pan to oven and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until filling is set and bars are brown around the edges.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Use edges of parchment lining to lift bars from pan.
- Place on a cutting board. Pull back edges of parchment for easy cutting; sprinkle with additional powdered sugar. Cut into bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made half the recipe and for me there is enough filling. Don't need to double it for me ;) For half recipe I needed 3/4 cup sugar but I used only 1/2 cup. It was perfect. And I used the zest of one lemon. I made the crust in the food processor like DIner suggested. Thanks Sarahbeth :) Made for Potluck tag
This is LEMONY FUDGY heaven! I took Diner's advice and used my food processor to make the crust; confectioners' sugar still flew out of its top -- even while I was holding it down! Still, I think it was much more controlled using the food processor. I think these are perfectly balanced for crust/filling. This is going into my Best of 2010 Cookbook. Thanks, SarahBeth, for a new favorite! Made for Veggie Recipe Swap.
I love lemon bars and this are FABULOUS!!!! I made 1/2 of the recipe and just finished enjoying one, hard not to go back and grab another, lol!!! It is very lemony and perfect balance, for my tastes, of crust and filling. The only thing I would do differently is to use my food processor for the crust, as mine was flying out of the bowl. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Made for Sweet Traditions Tag.
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am Sarah.</p> <p>I am married to a wonderful man. He is a great Husband and Father.</p> <p>In March of 2011 we welcomed our daughter Evie into this world. She is everything and nothing I expected, and is without a doubt the best thing I have ever done with my life.</p> <p>I love to cook, and eat, and laugh, and drink and play.</p> <p>I have a wonderful life.</p> <p><em>There are things you do because they feel right, and they may make no sense and they make no money and it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other and to eat each other's cooking and say it was good. ~Brian Andreas, Story People~</em></p> <p><em> </em></p> <p><em>Get to know our family at www.itsavol.blogspot.com</em></p> <p><img src=http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss316/sarahbethevans/bfe23bac.jpg alt= width=477 height=639 /></p>