Easy Peasy Healthy Fruit Cake
photo by The Blender Girl
- Ready In:
- 17 2⁄3 ounces mixed dried fruit (500gms)
- 15 ounces sliced mangoes, in natural juice (or 1 425 gm not sugared syrup )
- 2 organic eggs
- 1⁄2 cup filtered water
- 1⁄2 cup white rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pinch celtic sea salt
- Preheat an oven to 160 C / 320°F.
- Put fruit, water and contents of the whole tin of mangoes (including the natural juice) into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer just for a minute.
- Sieve the flours, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan and salt together.
- Beat the eggs lightly in your mixer and gradually combine all the ingredients together.
- Place in a greased round tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour until a skewer comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!