Easy Oven-Baked Pancake
Feel free to sprinkle the top with cinnamon and more sugar if desired! For best results the baking dish with the melted butter in it must be hot before adding in the batter. This is very good!
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Set oven to 400 degrees (bottom oven rack).
- melt the butter in a 9-inch square baking dish in the oven.
- In a medium bowl beat together eggs and 1/4 cup milk.
- In another bowl sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; add to the egg/milk mixture; mix until combined.
- Slowly whisk in the remaining 1 cup milk.
- Pour into the hot baking dish over the melted butter.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
OMG! I've been using this recipe for a year, can't believe I forgot to rate it..sorry! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this recipe! I've added things like cinnamon/nutmeg/ginger, granola (my fav.), blueberries, apple slices & topped it with syrup, jam, cream cheese, whip cream, extra granola!!! Tonight I cut back the sugar and made a hearty one with ham, cheese, sweet peppers and herbs...had to cook it slightly longer, but it was good (H2B went for seconds!) Thanx for the recipe, i recommend it to lots of people!Reply
We enjoyed this oven pancake and will be making it again. I put the baking dish in the oven to melt the butter as directed. As I poured the batter in the hot dish the batter started to set around the bottom edges. I did have to bake a few minutes longer for the center to brown. This is not a typical pancake texture, it reminded me of french toast without the crust, a creamy almost custard flavor. The edges were nice and brown and had a very nice flavor. We topped with syrup while warm and enjoyed for supper! Thank you hon for posting this recipe.Reply
see 2 more