Easy No-Fail Chocolate Fudge (No Thermometer)
photo by jkitty -
- Ready In:
- Line a 8-inch square pan with foil.
- In a heavy-duty sauce pan, combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt; bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes (this must be timed nothing less than 4 minutes!).
- Remove from heat; stir in the marshmallows, chocolate chips and vanilla, stirring vigorously until marshmallows are completely dissolves.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour mixture into prepared foil-lined pan.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Lift from pan (with foil) remove foil; cut in squares.
Questions & Replies
Hello my name is Glenn I followed the recipe and then after it was all mixed I put in 15 oz of chopped up bacon that I wiped the grease off of and I let it sit and it just turned out soft any suggestions, I was told it was because I didn't cook the evaporated milk in the sugar to a higher temperature so should I cook it to a higher temperature and any adult supervision would be nice
This is an AMAZING fudge!! This was my third time this week trying to get fudge not to turn out like sauce and was going to give up entirely after this, if it didn't work. I made 3 more after I got home from work! lol Thank you so much for this recipe!!! Family doesn't like nuts so I didn't use that but made chocolate, white choc, butterscotch and dark. Each one was fantastic!