Easy No-Cook Noodle Dairy Kugel
photo by AcadiaTwo
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, uncooked (do not increase the amount stated use only 8 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins (or use any dried fruit of choice)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (if your prefer a sweeter kugel then increase amount to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart full-fat milk (4 cups)
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Spread the UNCOOKED egg noodles and raisins or dried fruit into the pan.
- In a bowl in whisk the eggs with sour cream until very smooth, then whisk in melted butter, sugar, cinnamon and salt; whisk vigorously until well combined and no sugar granules remain (mix in order stated starting with eggs and sour cream).
- Whisk in the milk until combined (at this point you may add in more sugar if desired).
- Pour the mixture over the dry noodles and mix very lightly (your pan will be very full).
- Allow to sit out for 5-7 minutes.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until the kugel is just set in the middle.
- Serve warm, cold or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe for noodle kugel was very well received by my family! It had a lot of flavor and was quite delicious. If you are a ding dong like me, don't measure 8 ounces of noodles in a liquid measuring cup. Fortunately for my first attempt at making kugel my "chef" daughter came and looked to see what I was doing and she realized that the noodle measurement was way off. I thought the quantity of noodles I had didn't look like enough and of course I was right. Made just because.