Easy Moist Blueberry Cake With Cinnamon-Nut Topping
This may be just as good as my Cinnamon Flop recipe and almost as easy too, try this cake, you will love it! no electric mixer needed for this recipe, just mix by hand! If you prefer less topping on your cake then reduce the topping ingredient by half.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup full-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or use almond extract)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (can use more if desired)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl combine/whisk oil, egg, vanilla and milk until well combined.
- In another bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; add to the cream mixture and mix until just combined.
- In a large bowl mix/combine all ingredients for the topping.
- Transfer the cake batter to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the blueberries over the cake batter.
- Sprinkle with the topping mixture.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes.