Easy Microwave Toffee
I found this recipe and kept loosing it--and let me tell you, you don't want to lose this delicious toffee recipe. They are quick and easy, but make sure you have a candy thermometer before you start.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 3 (1 5/8 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars
- Combine butter, brown sugar, sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Microwave on high 2-2½ minutes until butter is melted.
- Stir well to blend butter and sugar.
- Stir in 1/3 cup almonds.
- Microwave on high for 9-11 minutes until the temperature reaches 300°F.
- Pour on to a baking sheet.
- Break candy bars into small pieces and sprinkle them on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining almonds on the top also.
- Let toffee cool until it hardens, then break it up into small pieces and enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I hope this hasn’t happened to anyone else! Loved the simplicity of this recipe but what a disasters for me. When removing the Pyrex mixing bowl with the hot mixture from a conventional over the stove microwave the bottom fell out of the bowl. Red Hot candy syrup went everywhere! I don’t know what i could have done different. I used a Pyrex bowl, cooked it only 9 minutes, and temperature was exactly 300 degrees. I won’t be trying this again and hope no one else has had this happen.Replies 1
I tweaked this a bit. I made the toffee as directed (chopping my pecans moderately fine with hand grinder) but when it had started to set up but was still hot, I scattered 1/2 bag (~1 cup) milk chocolate chips on top. I let them sit about 30 sec to melt and then spread over the top. I then sprinkled the top with finely ground (like coarse cornmeal) almonds (~1/2 cup). It looks and tastes like almond roca this way.Reply
Ok maybe I need to be a child to make this. One of the reviewers said so easy a child could make it, and me being a 40 something woman, it was a complete disaster. There's a rain storm going on outside and all of our doors and windows are open due to the toffee mix burning. And that was only nine minutes in the microwave! Not sure what I could have done different as it is a simple enough recipe and directions. I think I will stick to my old fashioned tried and true method.Replies 2
see 4 more