Easy Mango Tomato Pico De Gallo
photo by Cleanfreshcuisine
- Ready In:
- 2 mangoes
- 3 large tomatoes, washed and diced
- 4 mini sweet peppers
- 1 habanero pepper, cleaned and diced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
The easiest way to prepare the mangos:
- Place mango on a cutting board, stem side down and hold. With a sharp knife, about 1/4 ” from center make a vertical cut down through the mango. Repeat on the other side. Cut parallel slices through the mango, being careful not to cut through the skin. Turn and repeat, creating a checkerboard pattern. At this point, you can either use a spoon to scoop out the diced mango or simply push the flesh up from underneath. Remove with a knife or a spoon.
- Place diced mangos in a large bowl.
- Wash and dice tomatoes and add to bowl.
- Clean peppers and dice finely. Add to bowl.
- Clean habanero pepper and mince. Add to tomatoes and mangos.
- Drizzle with lime juice and add the Tabasco Sauce. Mix well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Kyle and I am a Mom, a chef, a blogger and an event planner