Easy Low Fat Curried Zucchini Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A great different way to use up the zucchini that keep popping up in your garden. The curry flavor is very mild.
- Ready In:
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, sliced one inch thick (around 3 medium)
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups broth (or more, personal preference)
- salt (to taste)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and curry powder, stirring until fragrant. (2 minutes).
- Add the zucchini, potato, and broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Puree the soup (preferable in batches) in a blender until smooth, serve immediately OR let cool and refrigerate in an airtight container until chilled. Taste great cold OR hot.
- I personally used an immersion blender, which worked wonderfully and is a lot easy with less dishes to clean later.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION