A quick and easy version of lasagna
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese, divided
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 (26 ounce) cans chunky spaghetti sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) box oven-ready lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, cottage cheese, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese; set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the beef, onion, and garlic together until the beef is done; drain excess grease.
- Add water and all but 1 cup of spaghetti sauce to beef.
- Spread reserved spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a greased 13x9 inch pan.
- Layer 5 to 6 lasagna noodles over the sauce, overlapping or breaking to fit.
- Spread half the cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Spoon a third of the beef mixture over the cheese layer.
- Repeat layers once.
- Add one more layer of 5 to 6 noodles and spoon remaining third of beef mixture over the top.
- Cover and bake 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I never use "oven ready" lasagna and I stopped pre-cooking regular lasagna noodles ages ago. I layer uncooked noodles with meat or cheese. After all layers are complete I add about 1-1 1/2 C. water to pasta sauce jar to "rinse" it out. I pour the sauce-y water into the pan (in between the layers) cover with foil and bake. The noodles absorb the water and they come out perfectly tender. Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes. Uncover, add a layer of mozzarella and bake another 15 minutes. After removing from oven let rest for about 15-20 minutes. Perfect lasagna every time!