Easy Jewish Apple Cake
photo by cl.habicht
- Ready In:
- 4 cups apples, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9" x 13" pan.
- Peel, core, and chop apples. Combine in a large bowl with the sugar.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon together in a separate bowl.
- Combine eggs, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Alternately mix dry and liquid ingredients into apple mixture.
- Stir in chopped nuts, if using.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Married father of three sons, all of whom love to cook!