Easy Italian Edamame
- Ready In:
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3⁄4 cups chopped onions
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 16 ounces edamame, shelled (i used one bag frozen)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil
- 2 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
- basil (to garnish)
- orange slice (to garnish)
- Slice zucchini into thinly sliced (1/4 inch) pieces, set aside.
- Dice red bell pepper and onion, set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan or wok over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add onion to pan. Cook 2 minutes or until pieces begin to soften.
- Add bell pepper, zucchini, and edamame. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Strain tomatoes, reserving juice (about 1 cup). Combine solid tomato chunks with vegetable mixture and stir.
- Whisk together reserved tomato and orange juice; pour over vegetables.
- Turn heat to low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add basil and toss together.
- Serve over brown rice and garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was just okay. It didn't really suit our tastes and I thought it was a lot of effort for what I got. It definitely makes a lot and you need a REALLY large pan. The only discernable flavor was the orange juice. Felt it could use more flavor and it was very soupy. This was made for PAC April 2009.