Easy Good Homemade Hot Dog Buns
WAY better than the mushy store-bought ones!!! Had that frozen bread dough in the freezer and thought...why not? Ha! They came out GREAT!! 1 loaf made 6 large buns, too!!! DH LOVED these! Guess I'm going to be making them "homemade" from now on! LOL! This "recipe" is more for the directions...not much to it, but GOOOOOD!
- Ready In:
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, I used a cheap brand but you could use Rhodes
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, more if needed
- poppy seed (optional)
- The night before, tightly wrap 1 frozen loaf bread dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning, unwrap and cut loaf lengthwise down center.
- Cut each long piece into 3 equal sections making 6 equal pieces total.
- Pinch cut edges together so buns will eventually come out smooth, and roll into small ropes. *They should be about the size of a cooked hotdog.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Brush with half the melted butter.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap, sealing the edges of the plastic wrap to the cookie sheet so that no air gets inside.
- Let rise in warm place til doubled. (Mine took about 2 1/2 hours.).
- Lightly brush each with rest of melted butter and sprinkle with poppy seeds if desired.
- Bake in 350º oven for about 20 minutes til golden brown. You may want to turn your cookie sheet around half-way through baking for even browning of your buns.
- Cool on wire rack for about 5-10 minutes.
- Cut open with SHARP serrated knife.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I wasn't able to find frozen bead dough at my grocery store, they only seem to sell rolls, biscuits, and Texas toast. I opted for the Rhodes rolls and they were great! I rolled the dough to hot-dog length, they were a little small but covered enough of the hot-dog, I wasn't complaining. Who doesn't like fresh baked bread??!!Reply