Easy GingerSnap Cookies!
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I found this in a adorable vintage neighborhood cookbook collection, it is so simple,almost too easy! 8)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1⁄2 baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Pretheat oven to 425.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Heat molasses in saucepan, until it boils.
- Put the butter into large mixing bowl, combine hot molasses.
- Sift together salt, baking soda and flour .
- Blend in ginger.
- Blend mixture well.
- Let mixture chill in refrigerator, just until cold.
- Take out,roll batter very thin.
- Cut with cookie cutter.
- Using the spatula, put on baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 5 minutes,or until golden.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I selected this recipe hoping to improve its current rating. It seemed to have good possibilities. Alas, the results were not so good. First, the measurement for the baking soda is unclear -- I guessed it was 1/2 teaspoon. Next, the type of molasses was not specified, I choose regular and wished I purchased a light one. The molasses overpowered the ginger and left a strong flavor onthe tastebuds. I tried baking these five minutes, most of the cookies burned. Next, 3 minutes, no burning, but the cookies were brick hard not all crisp. I couldn't get my nephews to eat them, and they are teens who eat everything. By the third pan, I realized the best use for the dough was making a gingerbread house as we found them inedible. I keep thinking something must be missing here. So sorry about the review, really wanted to like these.Reply