Easy, Foolproof Cobbler (For Any Fruit)
Found on www.thekitchn.com
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, plus a bit more for sprinkling
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cups fresh fruit, peeled and cut into chunks
- Combine the flour and sugar.
- Add the butter, mixing as you go, until the mixture forms a soft dough. It can be slightly crumbly, but you want it to hold together when you squeeze it.
- Spray a 9x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put the fruit in the dish — you will probably need about 4 cups of berries or chopped fruit. You want to create a thick layer that comes about two inches up the sides.
- If the fruit is particularly tart, sprinkle with a light layer of sugar. If the fruit is soft and sweet, you don't need it.
- Take the dough by the handful and pat it into disks that are about 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch thick. Lay them on top of the fruit, continuing with the patties, until it is covered.
- Bake the cobbler at 350 degrees for about 45-50 minutes, until the crust is light golden brown. Let cool slightly, then serve with ice cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This certainly was a nice treat for my family, it was ver easy and fast to put together. I used some apples that I had in my back yard and some peaches, and sprinkled some berries that I had frozen, it looked GREAT!!! I almost did'nt want to eat it....lol...lol... but I also could'nt resist sinking my teeth into it...mmmmmmmmmmm I served it with vanilla ice-cream. Thank you so much for posting.Reply
see 1 more