Easy Enchiladas (WW)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Good stuff. Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 lb hot italian style turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup stewed tomato with juice
- 3⁄4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drainked
- 3⁄4 cup pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- four 6-inch corn tortilla
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (recipe calls for fat-free cheese, but I used regular cheese)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray shallow 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sausage, bell pepper, and onion and cook, breaking sausage apart with wooden spoon, until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes with their juice,black beans, pinto beans, and black pepper. Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Place tortillas on work surface. Evenly spoon sausage mixture down center of each tortilla and roll up to enclose filling.
- Place enchiladas seam side down in prepared casserole dish and sprinkle evenly with cheddar.
- Bake enchiladas until heated through and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Let stand 3 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION