Easy Egyptian Feta Salad
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 6 ounces feta
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- If you want to reduce the salt content of the feta, cut it into chunks and soak in cold water for an hour.
- Score the cucumbers with the tines of a fork, and cut them in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds - a grapefruit spoon or melon baller works well. Sprinkle the cucumbers with salt, and let them stand for about 1/2 hour.
- Then rinse, pat dry, and slice the cucumbers into 1/2 inch chunks.
- In a medium serving bowl, crush the feta with a fork and mix it with the scallions, lemon juice, oil, and pepper.
- Combine the cucumber chunks with the cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the salad with the mint.
- It can sit in the refrigerator before serving, but try not to hold it more than an hour or it will get watery.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this tasty refreshing salad for lunch today. Wow, what a treat. I love the combo of green onions and cucumber. The dressing was absolutely delish. Feta, lemon and olive oil. Yummy! I will be enjoying this quick and very easy to prepare salad often. Thanks Anna for a new lunch treat...look ma, i'm eating my veggies.
see 1 more reviews