Easy Egg Rolls With Sweet-And-Sour Orange Dipping Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 lb hot ground pork sausage
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (10 ounce) bag shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg roll wraps
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Sweet-and-Sour Orange Dipping Sauce
- 1 (18 ounce) jar orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Brown sausage in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Drain excess grease, and pat dry with paper towels, if necessary.
- Return sausage to skillet.
- Stir in ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add coleslaw mix and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until coleslaw mix is tender; let stand 30 minutes to cool.
- Spoon 1/4 cup sausage mixture in center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Fold top corner of each wrapper over filling; fold left and right corners over filling.
- Lightly brush remaining corner with water.
- Tightly roll filled end toward remaining corner, and gently press to seal.
- Pour vegetable oil to a depth of 2 inches into a wok or Dutch oven; heat to 375°F
- Fry in batches, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden, turning once; drain on paper towels.
- NOTE: Egg rolls can be assembled up to a day ahead. Place them in a
- single layer on a baking sheet, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and chill.
- Fry according to recipe instructions. Do not fry ahead of time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"