Easy Egg Rolls (Two Cooking Methods)
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 cup chopped cooked meat, poultry or 1 cup shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg roll wraps
- vegetable oil (for frying) or cooking spray, for optional baking method
- Stir together the first 6 ingredients.
- Brush water around outer edge of each egg roll wrapper. Spoon 1/3 cup filling in center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling, tucking tip of corner under filling; fold left and right corners over filling. Tightly roll filled end toward remaining corner; gently pressing to seal.
- Frying Method: Pour oil to depth of 3 inches in a dutch oven; heat to 375 degrees. Fry egg rolls in batches 3-4 minutes or until golden brown; drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
- Baking Method: Preheat oven 425 degrees. Spray each roll, front and back, with cooking spray or lightly brush with a pastry brush vegetable oil. Bake for 10-14 minutes turning about halfway through until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!