Easy Egg-Less Vegan/ Vegetarian Sponge Cake
photo by Sweramsan
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1.Combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Sieve and keep aside.
- 2. In a blender combine well the pureed apple, vegetable oil and the powdered sugar.
- 3. Add the essence at this stage and mix briefly. You may also use plain vanilla instead of the rose I used.
- 4. Add the four and the milk alternatively and blend briefly, just enough to fluff the mixture.
- 5.Grease a standard round/ square baking pan. I used 2 ceramic bowls and a cup cake tray. Bake for 25- 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees.
- a. Puree the apples just before you start mixing. Else it turns brown. You may try using store bought apple sauce, but then you might want to cut down on the sugar so it is not too sweet. Let me know how it turns out:-).
- b. 1 Golden delicious apple substitutes 2 egg whites.
- Celsius To know if the cake is done insert a tooth pick and it should come clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It's very difficult to rate this recipe. I made for my Vegan Grandaughter. It was my first try doing a Vegan cake recipe. I used a rome apple, almond milk and vanilla. I followed the directions. I put it in a 8x8 pan and it looked beautiful when it was done (28 min.) It didn't raise as high as I had hoped but it was my first eggless try. Both my grandaughter and I thought the smell & taste was really "good". However, the texture just didn't work for us. It was heavier than we hoped for in a sponge cake. Maybe, when I'm more experienced with Vegan recipes, I'll try and tweek this one. Thank you.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Iam an asian and have tried varied cuisines after i got married, coz my HD i a great food lover. I like Indian, Thai, some chinese, lots of mexican and italian foods. Actually i love mexican style. Strictly vegetarians its sometimes not possible to substitute ingredients and yet retain the original taste of the dish!! that has been a great challenge for me.