Easy Cucumber, Tomato and Onion Salad
Great zero point Weight watcher side dish or light lunch.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, cubed or 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 6 teaspoons Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup red wine or 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Place cut up veggies in glass bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over veggies.
- Refrigerate at least one hour (longer is better).
- Serve with slotted spoon so that liquid remains in bowl.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Nice salad. I appreciate that it has no oil in it. Splenda is not available here so I used regular sugar instead but only one teaspoon since we like it a little tart. I first heated the water, dissolved the sugar in it, added white balsamic vinegar and when it all had cooled down I poured it over the vegetables. Added just a pinch of salt. Very good!<br/>Thanks for posting.
I really liked the addition of Dill to the receipe also. As fresh tomatoes are out of season where I live I used 1 can (drained of liquid) of diced tomatoes with jalepinos. Overall the flavor was great but it was pretty watery - maybe because I used canned tomatoes. When I make this again I will either reduce or eliminate the amount of water.