Easy Crust Chicken Pot Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is simple with a self rising crust.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) bag mixed vegetables
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup self rising flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- Place cooked chopped chicken in bottom of lightly greased 2 quart baking dish.
- place frozen vegetables over chicken.
- Prepare soup using 2/3 cup chicken broth and 2/3 cup milk
- Pour over vegetables.
- Melt butter, mix in flour and baking powder. Add 3/4 cup milk and mix well.
- Pour over top of vegetables - will appear thin but will thicken as it cooks.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Sorry, Purdywoman, but I found that the chicken mixture was too runny. I followed the directions and really wanted to like this pie as I didn't want to make one with 2 crusts. I will make this again but will not add the chicken broth as I think that it thinned out the texture too much. Also will add some extra spices next time.Reply