Easy Crock Pot Turkey Breast With Fail Proof Gravy
This is so simple and quick to do and you will have the most moist turkey breast to just slice and serve. The skin even browns in the crock pot. I like to make gravy and serve this as hot turkey sandwiches. This includes a simple tasty way to make the gravy.
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 10mins
- 6 -7 lbs turkey breast, thawed, if frozen
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- turkey broth, from crock pot
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Place onion and celery in cavity of turkey breast.
- Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper and place in 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Pour broth over turkey, cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Remove turkey to serving platter, cover with foil to keep warm while making gravy.
- Place liquid in saucepan after straining out veggies, and add 1 to 2 cans chicken broth- depending on how much gravy you want to make.
- In a covered jar, shake together the flour mixed with about 1/2 to 1 cup of water until smooth- or you can whisk it in a bowl.
- When liquid comes to a boil, slowly stir in flour mixture, adding just enough to thicken it to your liking.
- Cook until it bubbles and thickens, stirring often.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I added a lot more seasoning and more spices than the recipe called for, and the gravy was still a little bland. Unfortunately, I did not have any sage and I think that would have made a big difference in this recipe. Not sure I would choose to do it again this way, vs the oven, but it was ok.Reply