Easy Crock Pot Beef Cubes
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 10mins
- 2 1⁄2 - 3 lbs beef stew meat, 1-inch cubes approx
- 1⁄2 thinly sliced onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- hot mashed potatoes or hot buttered egg noodles
- Place the beef cubes and onion slices in the crock pot.
- Combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, worcestershire, thyme, basil, celery seed, pepper and salt and pour over meat and onions.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Turn to high. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and then stir into the crock pot.
- Cover and keep on high for 10 minutes.
- Stir again and serve over mashed potatoes or hot buttered egg noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were good, and easy! Per another reviewer's opinion, I tried to build some extra flavor. I have a crock pot that will let me brown the meat right in it, so I did, sprinkling it with salt and pepper, onion and garlic powders, and celery salt. Then I softened the onion. I also added a few drops of Tobasco, and and a zhush of lemon juice. I also threw in 4 pennied carrots because we love the flavor of beef and carrots. Didn't have tomato sauce, so I used crushed--it was fine.<br/><br/>Although browning the meat adds prep time, I still thought these were easy.It could be done on teh stovetop easily enough, too. My family loved these beef cubes with noodles! And for all 5 kiddos to like something is really sayin' something.<br/>Thanks for posting the recipe!