Easy Cream of Cauliflower Soup
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken stock (can use vegetable if preferred)
- 1 cup milk (or half & half or cream, whatever works for you)
- 3 ounces cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- In large pot melt butter.
- Saute onion until tender on medium heat.
- Add cauliflower florets. Saute califlower and onion for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over butter and veggie mixture.
- Saute for 1 minute.
- Add stock.
- Stir until combined.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Add milk and cream cheese.
- Stir for about 10 minutes until combined and thick.
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a very busy girl with a two year old boy and a crazy full time job! With all that I do not have alot of time to cook, but I love cooking and serving my family homemade food. I love reading cookbooks so this site is a major hit with me. I love getting feedback on my recipes and giving feedback to others. I love being able to post a request and getting all of the help from people everywhere. In the summer I love canning and making my own jellies and jams. I usually end up giving it away as gifts, that always seemed like a more personal gift. What could be better than something homemade?