Easy Crab & Scallop Quiche
photo by Chef Florida Janie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
16 8 slices per pie
- 2 prepared pie crusts
- 2 cups king crab meat
- 1 cup bay scallop
- 1 (12 ounce) can Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 6 eggs
- 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Set aside the pie crust. If its frozen, let thaw to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients. You may subsitute shrimp or lobster for any of the above seafood.
- Mix all ingredients well and pour into pie crusts.
- Bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees until the edges of the pie crust are nice and brown. Ovens may vary so watch your crust so it doesn't burn.
- Bake an additional 35 minutes at 350 until the top of the quiche is nice and bubbly and a bit brown. Again, ovens may vary, so you'll know they are done when you test witha fork or knife and it comes out clean.
- Cool on a cooloing rack for 20-30 minutes before serving.
- This recipe should make 2- 9 inch quiche. So, you can always freeze one for later! Wrap tightly and freeze cooked quiche up to 4 weeks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!