Easy Chocolate Cream Cheese Layer Pie
photo by linguinelisa
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- Beat cream cheese, 1 tablespoons milk and sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- Gently stir in 1-1/2 cups of the whipped topping.
- Spread onto bottom of crusts.
- Pour 2 cups milk into another large bowl.
- Add pudding mixes.
- Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended (mixture will be thick).
- Immediately stir in the remaining whipped topping.
- Spread over cream cheese layer in crusts.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
- Store leftover pie in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I loved how simple this was to pull together. I did end up putting the filling into just one oreo crust so it would be nice and tall, and I chopped up some dark chocolate and added it to one of the layers to add a bit of texture. The only other thing I did differently was to put this in the freezer for several hours as it was a bit softer than I prefer when it was refrigerated. The freezer kept it beautifully and it was more of a cheesecake density and less like the consistency of pudding. I'm gonna make this again with different flavors and add-ins - very yummy!
Very good! Easy to make, I did make cook & serve pudding and added that into to the recipe instead of instant pudding..it worked great. I also put more cream cheese on the bottom layer of the pie. I added crushed oreo's to the pudding mixture. A great recipe with that can be adjusted so everyone will like it! Great post - thanks for sharing!