Easy Chicken Thighs and Rice One Pot Meal
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 -3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 cloves minced garlic sautee with the onion and celery
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- garlic powder
- onion salt
- celery salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan or casserole.
- Remove skin and excess fat from the chicken thighs.
- Dice onion and celery and sautee in 3 TB of butter until softening, then add the asparagus and garlic and continue to saute for a couple more minutes, then add the drained diced tomatoes. If you prefer you can use the juice from the tomatoes, but reduce stock by that amount.
- Deglaze pan with 2 cups of the chicken stock or a combination of the stock and tomato juice.
- Add Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, onion salt, celery salt and salt and pepper.
- Stir in 1 cup of long grain white rice, and pour all into the prepared pan.
- Top the rice/veggie mixture with the chicken thighs, sprinkle with paprika and Bake for 45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!