Easy Chicken Stir Fry and Baked Spring Rolls
photo by Diana 2
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 cup shoestring carrots
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 15 phyllo pastry sheets, cut in half
- cooking spray
- In a small bowl mix chicken slices, olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, red pepper flakes and basil. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour but no longer than 24.
- Heat a large skillet to a medium high heat. Add the marinaded chicken, Saute until lightly browned.
- Add carrots, sweet red peppers and celery. Continue to cook until vegetables begin to softened.
- Add bean sprouts, onions, peas, salt and black pepper. Mix cornstarch with water and set aside.
- Once the bean sprouts have softened to your liking, add the cornstarch mixture to thicken the juices.
- Stir in the sweet chili sauce and serve.
- Preparing Spring Rolls:.
- Allow mixture to cool, for easier handling.
- Work with one phyllo leaf at a time. Keep the remainder covered with a damp cloth or plastic wrap. They will dry out quickly if not.
- Sheets should be cut in half horizontally. Lay one sheet out on the counter and give a light coating of cooking spray (or brush with melted butter). Fold in half with the short sides together.
- With the short side towards you, place 2 tbsp (or to your liking) of mixture onto the lower third of the phyllo leaf. Bring the bottom up over the mixture, then fold in each side. Again, lightly coat with cooking spray. Roll tightly, and lay on a baking sheet with the seam side down. Continue in this manner until all the mixture has been used. Give another light coating of cooking spray. At this point, you can freeze them for later use or continue on to bake. With the full recipe, I've been able to make 30 spring rolls.
- Preheat oven to 375*. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown. Bake frozen rolls for 25 - 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!