Easy Chicken and Pasta Parmesan
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/ 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth (14-1/ 2 oz can) or 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth (14-1/ 2 oz can)
- 1⁄2 cup spaghetti sauce (14 oz jar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 3 cups rotini pasta (8oz) or 3 cups penne rigate, uncooked (8oz)
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In 10 inch skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; add chicken.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, spaghetti sauce and seasonings; heat to boiling.
- Add uncooked pasta, stirring to coat with liquid.
- Cover; reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or until most liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese. 5 servings (1 cup each)
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This recipe was okay, but I had to make the same changes that others listed: I used a full can of chicken broth, and also added extra tomato sauce (my own homemade sauce), and it was still a bit dry. I do appreciate that it was quick and easy, and my kids enjoyed it, which is why I gave it 3 stars instead of 2. My biggest gripe is that it's called Chicken and Pasta Parmesan, which brings to mind thoughts of chicken that has been breaded and sauteed. If I had had more time, I would have breaded the chicken and sauteed it in a separate pan before adding it to the mix, but I was too pressed for time. The name of this recipe definitely needs a makeover!
As written, this recipe does not have enough liquid to cook the pasta. I did make again but made some major changes. I used a whole can of chicken broth and used 26 ounces of my own marinade. I didn't add the other spices as I put a lot of spices in my marinade. With the changes made, I was able to cook the pasta. Made for an easy, quick weeknight meal with the changes made.