Easy Cheesy Tortellini Bake
photo by Jessybean79
- Ready In:
- 9 ounces refrigerated tortellini
- 15 ounces alfredo sauce
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage, halved lengthwise then sliced into half moons
- 1⁄2 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried basil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 11 dish with cooking spray.
- Boil water for pasta and broccoli. When water reaches boiling, first add broccoli and cook for about two minutes or until broccoli just turns bright green. Add tortellini to water and continue cooking until pasta floats and is just al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup water before draining. Turn off burner.
- While pasta and broccoli are draining, return pot to warm burner and add jar of alfredo to pot. Add pasta water to empty alfredo jar, place lid back on and shake. Pour contents into pot of alfredo and mix.
- Add garlic powder, 1 tbsp dried basil, salt, pepper, and 1/4 mozzarella to alfredo and mix until cheese is incorporated.
- Smear some sauce in the bottom of the baking dish to prevent sticking.
- Add sausage, drained tortellini and broccoli to pot of sauce and gently combine. Pour mixture into baking dish evenly.
- Spread cheeses over the pasta mixture and sprinkle with remaining dried basil.
- Place in oven uncovered for 8-10 minutes. Broil for another three or until top gets a little browned. Serve warm and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!