Easy Cheesy Fajita Chicken and Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 large vidalia onion
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) packet fajita seasoning mix
- 4 cups white rice, prepared
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- Rough chop onion.
- Sauté over medium heat until soft and translucent, remove from heat.
- Cook chicken breast over medium heat until mostly done, remove from heat and allow to cool until it can be comfortably handled.
- Shred chicken.
- Add chicken and onion back to pan.
- Mix seasoning packet in 3/4 to 1 cup of water.
- Pour over chicken and onion.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes, until sauce reduces by about 1/3.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!