Easy Cheesy Beef and Bow Ties
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta i used the mini-bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion (8 medium)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup thick & chunky salsa, your choice of heat level (I used medium)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar and american blend cheese (I used a Triple Cheese blend)
- Cook pasta according to package directions,drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking,in a nonstick skillet over medium heat,add ground beef and sprinkle with seasoned salt and garlic powder cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain and return to skillet.
- Take 2 tablespoons of onions and set aside for garnish;add remaining onions,soup,and salsa into beef, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta,red pepper flakes and oregano and cook for 5 minutes, or until heated through,stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cook until just melted and sprinkle with remaining onion.
- Sprinkle with reserved onion( I just added the onion to each serving,and also sprinkled extra cheese on each serving.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I haven't been here for a long time, MY recipes aren't up for adoption. :) And don't change any of them either. ;)