Easy Cheesy Bacon Rice Fritters
- Ready In:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium saucepan, bring the rice and 2 1/2 cups water to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the rice is still firm, but cooked through and the water has evaporated, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool slightly. This is about 3 cups cooked rice.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, add the bacon to the rice, reserving the skillet with the bacon greast. Stir the mozarella, parmesan, and egg into the rice mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the rice mixture into 12 mounds on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten into 3-inch patties. Sprinkle on both sides with the breadcrumbs. Panko crumbs work well here also.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook, turning once, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Optional. Add the spinach to the skillet and cook over high heat, turning until wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with the crushed red pepper. Top with the fritters.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an engineer with an artsy side. So I love high tech stuff--including eCookbooks. I have been cooking since I was a child and love to cook. I used to write a quarterly cooking column in the local paper; now I write 2 page feature article every quarter and include photos. I travel the world so my tastes are eclectic.