Easy Cheddar Potato Bake
photo by Brenda.
- Ready In:
- 4 large russet potatoes (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper (I use seasoned salt for this)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional) or 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Butter a shallow baking sish.
- Thinly slice the potatoes, and place in the baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter, onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme until the butter is melted.
- Drizzle over potatoes.
- Cover, and bake for 45 minutes, or until potatoes tender.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!