Easy Breakfast Casserole With Sausage, Hashbrowns, and Eggs
- Ready In:
- 1 lb Italian sausage (I used hot and spicy)
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 20 ounces frozen hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- thinly sliced green onion, to taste
- Heat oven to 375.
- Add the sausage to a medium saute pan. Cook over medium-heat until browned, crumbling the sausage with a spoon as it cooks.
- Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Reserve about 1 tablespoon of sausage grease in the saute pan, discarding the rest.
- Add the onion and red pepper to the saute pan and saute for 5 minutes until cooked.
- Add the garlic and saute for an additional 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into the mixing bowl with the sausage. Add the hash browns and 1 1/2 cups cheese to the mixing bowl with the sausage and vegetables. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and black pepper until combined.
- Then add them to the hash brown mixture and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into a baking dish, and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Then remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes and the top of the potatoes begin to slightly brown. Remove and let the casserole rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.