Easy Boston Cream Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Quick & Easy Dessert. Not quite like the real thing, but close & a lot less work. Easy to change fillings and add fruit. Just something easy to throw together for dessert when you are pressed for time.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix, small box
- 1 sara lee poundcake
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 4 teaspoons hot water, can use 5 if necessary
- Use a Sara Lee ( or any other Brand) Frozen Loaf Pound Cake Thawed.
- Whisk together Pudding Mix and Half & Half.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Split Cake into 3 horizontal layers.
- Place Bottom Layer on Bottom of Serving Plate.
- Top with Half of the Pudding.
- Repeat Layers.
- Top with third cake layer.
- Combine Confectioner's Sugar, Cocoa and enough water to reach a spreading consistency.
- Spread over top of Cake and let glaze drizzle down the side.
- Cook Time is time to set up & Chill.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made for Spring 2010 PAC This was a really good dessert. I love Boston Cream "Pie", and it is hard to get around here. This was an excellent substitute. I didn't think it would be and I was very pleasently surprised. However, it isn't cheap to make, the small Sarah Lee frozen Pound Cake was $4.50. Nontheless, it uses ingredients that you could keep on hand and have Boston Cream Pie/Cake anytime you want. That is priceless to me.Reply