Easy Beef Enchiladas
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups thick salsa
- 4 cups cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 8 tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 500F and grease a 9x13in baking dish.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over med-high heat.
- Add hamburger, cumin and salt.
- Stir often with fork to keep meat crumbly.
- Cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup salsa, when hot, stir in half of cheese and half of cilantro.
- Place one tortilla on counter and spoon 3/4 cup meat mixture down in the center.
- Dot with 1 tbsp sour cream, roll tightly and place seam down in baking dish with open end touching narrow side of dish.
- Fill and place 3 more tortilla rolls beside it.
- Fill the other half of the dish with remaining tortilla rolls.
- Spread remaining 1/2 cup sour cream over tortillas.
- Top with remaining cheese and salsa.
- Bake until cheese is golden, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cilantro before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used chicken mince rather than beef for this,and low fat tortillas with good results. This was a very easy dish to prepare and tasty too-although next time I would add some chopped chillies to the mixture too (we like a bit more kick!!). A good mid-week dinner solution for when time is short and you're starving. Made for PRMR.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a SAHM of 5, <span style=color: #ff6600;>Joshua</span> (9 mths), <span style=color: #cc99ff;>Olivia</span> (4), <span style=color: #339966;>Isaac</span> (14) and <span style=color: #ff99cc;>Brianna</span> (11) and my step-son <span style=color: #0000ff;>Dylan</span> (17). My DH works nights so often comes home to new dishes that I made after the kids go to bed. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><a href=http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/samplepics/blinkies/siggies/?action=view&current=images1.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/samplepics/blinkies/siggies/images1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a></p>