Easy Banana Ice Cream
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Ever get suck of throwing away overripe bananas because you don't have it in you to make banana bread? This is a great recipe because you just toss the overripe fruit into the freezer until you accumulate enough bananas for the recipe.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 25mins
- 6 bananas, frozen and overripe
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Freeze overripe bananas with skin on. Defrost for about a hour or until mushy. Peel skins and puree in food processor (or blender works too).
- Add corn syrup, lemon juice and vanilla and puree.
- Add the cream and milk slowly and mix until well blended.
- Chill mixture in fridge for 1.5-2 hours.
- Add the chilled mixture to ice cream maker and churn for 20-25 minutes.
- Freeze for 6 hours.
- Sometimes we add mini chocolate chips or peanut butter to the base. Or top with chocolate sauce, whipped cream and a cherry for a banana split sunday. This is much cheaper that a half gallon of store bought ice cream!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION