Easy Baked Tofu Cubes
This is my staple tofu marinade! I add it to stir frys and salads or just eat it plain. The recipe was based on a friend's, but I altered the amounts a bit to my taste. I like my tofu best if it's frozen and unthawed before using. Time to make doesn't include marinating.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- Prepare the tofu by pressing between 2 plates and something heavy (cans, textbooks, whatev). It needs to be pressed for at least 30minutes, draining the water halfway through.
- Whisk the marinade ingredients and cube the tofu in half inch chunks.
- Let the tofu soak up the marinade for as long as you like (at least 15 minutes, overnight is ideal).
- Bake with the marinade in a dish at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes. Flip the pieces halfway through baking them.
- Serving ideas: in fried rice, a basic salad, pita pocket w/veggies, w/cooked broccoli.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a great marinade. I served with sesame noodles. I think the sherry was a bit much for my taste so next time I will cut it in half. Otherwise this was a great recipe with handy ingredients. Thanks for posting. Update: I used the cold leftovers for lunch. I spread Miracle Whip on a multi grain tortilla and topped it with the tofu, tomato slices and shredded swiss cheese. I then topped with a second tortilla and placed in my panini grill until melted. It was really, really yummy. Would be just as good on bread and with other types of cheese. The smoky swiss flavor matched perfectly with the sherry flavor of the tofu tho. So good!Reply