Easy Asian Turkey Burgers
- Ready In:
- 20 ounces ground turkey breast
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove (I use the kind pre-minced in a jar.)
- 3 -4 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon ground ginger (according to your tastes)
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce (more if you like)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by putting the ground turkey in a large bowl.
- Crack egg into the same bowl and scramble with a fork before mixing in the bread crumbs, garlic, onions, ground ginger, and soy sauce.
- Mix together with a fork until just combined. Don't over-mix.
- Form into 6 patties (I start with a 1/3 dry measuring cup and adjust the sizes from there).
- At this point the burgers are ready for the grill OR the freezer.
- TO GRILL:.
- Grill about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through (no pink in the middle). Will take less time if using a George Forman Grill.
- Top with sauteed red onions if desired.
- Serve on toasted/grilled sandwich thins.
- TO FREEZE:.
- After forming patties, arrange burgers on a cookie sheet and freeze.
- Once solid, individually wrap the burgers in sandwich baggies.
- Place baggies in a larger zip lock freezer bag or an air tight container.
- Thaw before cooking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good. My husband especially liked them as he likes ground turkey better than ground beef. I used the full amount of ginger, and might back off on that some next time. And I think it could use a little something else... but I haven't figured out what that is yet! I especially appreciated the freezing tips. We did freeze half of this recipe and they came out great when we thawed and used them. Thank you. We will make these again.