Easy Asiago-Crusted Mahi Mahi
The moist flaky fish contrasts well with the panko crust to make for an amazing tasting and easy to make dinner any night of the week.
- Ready In:
- 2 -4 mahi mahi (4oz portions)
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup panko Japanese-style bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1 -2 tablespoon herbs de provence seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mccormick's brand garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -4 wedges limes
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon thyme (leaves only)
- First, rinse raw Mahi portion carefully with cool running water. Then place to dry on paper towel, turning to dry each side. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Prepare Panko Mixture on plate: include Panko, Asiago cheese, herbs de provence, garlic pepper seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix so spices and herbs are well incorporated.
- Whisk egg white to even consistency.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet under medium heat.
- Dip each Mahi Mahi portion fully in egg wash, then dredge portion in panko mixture. Press the mixture gently to stick well to portion. Continue with all portions.
- Next, add Mahi Mahi to pre-heated skillet and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until the the coating turns a golden brown.
- Finally remove from heat and plate up. Spritz one wedge of lime over each portion and sprinkle lemon thyme leaves over the top.
- Serve right away.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION