Easy As Pie Peaches
photo by Bayhill
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced peaches in juice (drained)
- 2 -3 large fresh peaches, sliced (instead)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 -2 drop vanilla
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 -3 whole graham crackers (crumbled)
- Mix everything except gram crackers.
- Chill for one hour.
- Top w/ gram crackers.
- I apologize for any measurements being slightly off -- I cook by sight and taste.
- For an adult version substitute some Grand Manier or Amarula for the oj.
- Also great with apples/bourbon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very easy to prepare......I used canned peaches. I didn't serve it with the graham cracker crust, I spooned the peaches over a slice of angel food cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. I've given it 4-stars because my husband found sauce to be to sweet. Next time I'll reduce the sugar.
My 8 yr old granddaughter and I made this and really enjoyed it. I think I'll reduce the amount of brown sugar a bit next time as I thought it was super sweet but she loved it as is! We also tried warming it in the microwave and liked it hot as well. Would be wonderful topped with whipped cream or ice cream.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My favorite cookbook is the one from the 1940's that belonged to my Cuban great-aunt. The best recepies are the ones she had written in the margins & on the covers. My favorite childhood memory is sucking on a cinnamon stick I pulled out of hot rice pudding on a rain afternoon.