Easy Arroz Con Pollo
This is a quick and easy recipe. I found it in Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook and changed it to our tastes. I have used boneless/skinless chicken thighs which work out find...they are really a little moister.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spread the rice in a greased 13" x 9" baking dish. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper (I use Goya Adobo seasoning with the pepper generally). Put the chicken over the rice.
- In a bowl, combine the broth, picante sauce, tomato sauce, onion, garlic, and green pepper; pour over the chicken and rice.
- Cover and bake a 350 degress for 55-60 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken juices run clear.
- Sprinkle both cheeses over the chicken and bake uncovered 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Picture a slab of cheese-covered saucy chicken on a bed of savory Spanish rice. It smelled so good in the oven it was hard to leave it there for the full baking time! We used a red bell pepper in place of green, which worked fine and, if anything, added to the brilliant color of this plate. Made for PickAChef.