Easy Apple or Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling or (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, for filling
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar, for top
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (1/2 stick)
- 12 ounces packaged cream cheese, room temperature (1 large 8 ounce block plus 1 small 4 ounce block)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line the bottom of a greased 8×8 pan with four of the crescent rolls, spreading out to cover the bottom entirely. In large mixing bowl, place cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Beat until smooth and well blended. Add vanilla, beat again. Spread cheese mixture over crescent rolls in pan. Pour pie filling over top of cheese mixture and spread evenly.
- Top with remaining crescent roll dough. Pour melted butter over top then sprinkle with cinnamon and remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!